The Retail Recruiter is a collaborative team player who will partner with the VP of Retail, Store Managers and HR to proactively identify, assess and attract talent for our growing brand. This position will be responsible for achieving staffing objectives through networking and constantly maintaining a pipeline of high caliber candidates.
- Work with the VP of Retail to implement and execute hiring strategy.
- Collaborate with the hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and goals
- Develop and execute strategies to create appropriate candidate flow and pipeline to meet overall recruiting goals
- Organize recruiting events and job fairs as needed.
- Identify potential and priority candidates through the internal resume database, candidate referrals, networking, and web sourcing
- Call, screen, and interview candidates and assist them through the recruitment process
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and salary range
- Drive offer process - including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters
- Act as a liaison between candidates and hiring managers and facilitate interviews and hiring discussions for all parties
- Minimum of 3 years of high volume, professional recruiting experience, preferably in the fashion industry.
- Knowledge of related business issues, trends and best practices as it relates to talent acquisition.
- A strong understanding of the clientele process and commissioned sale.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships.
- Strong customer-service orientation, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and desire to deliver end to end solutions.
- Excellent technical skills; in-depth knowledge of applicant tracking technology and general Microsoft applications; familiarity with best practices in social networking; ability to leverage technology to attract candidates and drive effective and efficient operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel as needed to attend job fairs, new store openings, trade shows and to competitively shop store markets.
Knits & Wovens Designer
- Develop knit line from concept to final execution for retail/direct and wholesale lines
- Present initial concepts and styles at sketch review to Creative Director
- Collaborate with production team to develop each style
- Develop trims, create new washes, and select fabric for each style
- Research trends, competitors and develop fresh innovative concepts
- Sketch, sew and create initial samples at home office
- Manage and train assistants and interns
- 5+ years experience as a knit designer
- Excellent understanding of the garment design and manufacturing process; the garment conceptualization phase, through the pattern-drafting and sampling phase, to final garment assembly and production
- Ability to interpret trends, client and brand requirements, and create collections that pinpoint the target market
- Ability to liaise between sales, marketing, creative and production teams to that business needs are met through creative and achievable designs
- Expertise in knitwear, in both high-end and contemporary markets
- Exceptional expertise of fabrics, color and fit
- Proven ability to translate garment design requirements into design and technical packages
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Senior Graphic Designer - Print / Web (Full-time Freelance)
We are seeking a passionate, driven senior-level graphic designer with print and web expertise for full-time freelance employment. The role will report directly to the VP of Brand and support the Brand Marketing team. Ideal candidate is an out of the box creative thinker who can collaborate with internal teams and across all levels of the organization. Curiosity, talent, resourcefulness, and collaborative spirit are key attributes for success.
- Current design portfolio that showcases an editorial, fashion-forward aesthetic
- A modern eye for design and a strong love for typography, colors, and hierarchies
- Ability to consistently deliver compelling branded visuals across retail, online, and / or wholesale channels that supports the brand’s strategic goals
- Be comfortable with a hands-on approach in all stages of the design process from concept through production and handle multiple projects at one time with full ownership over assigned projects
- A genuine love for the brand and the California beach lifestyle
- Design marketing assets for our private label Blue Life (look books, catalogues, tags, collateral, trade show visuals, etc)
- Design creative assets for retail marketing initiatives such as in-store signage, promotional collateral, print advertisements
- Concept and design packaging for in-store and online
- Assists in some web / online projects (emails, website banners, social ads, etc)
- Collaborate and discuss concepts with VP of Brand for concept, approval, collaboration and feedback as well as take abstract concepts and evolve them into dynamic visuals
- Work collaboratively with marketing, web, copy, social, and design teams to deliver projects on a timely basis
- 5+ years of experience in a design role (fashion/editorial/beauty)
- BA in Graphic Design required
- Fashion / editorial experience ideal; ecommerce experience preferred
- Highly proficient technical skills CS5 or above–expert in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of color theory, retouching, composition and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well demonstrate talent for high level creative concepts and design decisions
Warehouse & Web Fulfillment Associate
Planet Blue is seeking a full time Warehouse & Web Fulfillment Associate who loves ecommerce and fashion. Be a part of Planet Blue as we endlessly chase new horizons and spread the good vibes. To begin this adventure please send references along with your resume.
- Receive and restock merchandise
- Count, display, and organize inventories
- Audit for discrepancies
- Prepare and ship orders
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Janitorial Duties
- 2 years experience in warehouse & website fullfillment
- Experience using Magento & Retail Pro (V8 & V9)
- AIMS experience is a plus
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Background in high volume handling & distribution of merchandise
- Accustomed to working in a fast pace environment
To apply, please submit your information on our career page here.